Monday, June 8, 2009

What To Do In Omaha - Joslyn Art Museum

One of the reasons to love the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha (besides the free admission to a work class art museum) is this Dale Chihuly piece. It's actually quite large but my daughter took this great close up. This piece sits in the entry atrium. I think it would be a great place to put a few comfy chairs so readers could enjoy this magnificent piece while enjoying a great book and taking a break from exploring the latest exhibits. 

 The museum has also, just this weekend, opened a new sculpture garden on the front grounds. I'm not sure I can talk them into the chairs in the atrium idea but I know they'd let me sit out on the lawns to enjoy the sculpture while I'm reading. Maybe next Sunday when I'm recovering from a night of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life....


3 comments:

  1. The art museum in Auburn, AL has a beautiful chandelier made by Chihuly - I never got tired of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Heather--this one is in Omaha. His stuff is amazing, isn't it. Wouldn't you love to have a piece? Although I'm not sure he does anything that's not just enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just recently discovered your blog and so glad I did! I live in Tacoma, Wa where we are fortunate to have Chihuly everywhere! So many astounding creations... Looking forward to visiting often!

    ReplyDelete