Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Book List Meme -- What Books Are You Intimidated By?

Rebecca, of Lost In Books, hosts The Book List meme and recently asked us to list the books that intimidate us. Piece of cake for me. While these are all books I probably should read, the only one I'm even remotely considering is The Canterbury Tales for The Gilmore Girls challenge. But I'll bet I'll find something to substitute for it!

The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer










The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka








Ulysses by James Joyce

4 comments:

  1. Even though I have read The Canterbury Tales under the guidance of an English teacher, the thought of reading something like this year later and on my own is pretty scary. I would put Beowulf in the same category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices--I would venture to say that Ulysses is the most intimidating. I found Canterbury Tales too daunting in audio version, but I would love to say that I have read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Nicole, Beowulf would definitely be in the same category. Although both of my boys have studied it so maybe they could explain that one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Lisa! I have read parts of The Canterbury Tales (along with a class) and can see why that one would be intimidating. I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle it on my own!

    Ulysses is another one that intimidates me.

    I read The Metamorphosis in high school and really liked it, strange kid that I was. LOL

    ReplyDelete