Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Officially Admitting Defeat


For no earthly reason, I have failed at this challenge.  Even with almost four weeks left in the year, there is no way that I will be able to read ten books from my shelves that I will be able to pass along.  This should have been so easy.  I have hundreds of books that I need to read and will likely pass along when I'm done.  But my year has almost entirely consisted of reading books that were review books, reading books I loved so much that I didn't want to part with them and re-reading books I already owned.  So...what I thought was the easiest challenge I signed up for, turns out to be one of the hardest.  I'm waving the white flag.

5 comments:

  1. It happens. No worries! It sounds like you had a great reading year which is awesome. It's better than putting pressure on yourself to read 10 books that you just cannot see fitting in.

    2011 is another year!
    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reviewing the challenges I signed up for today. I didn't know I signed up for one of the challenges until I read the post and said 'oh no!' out loud.... I forgot an entire challenge.

    I'm going to post my recap late December but the one I thought would be so easy I did terribly at!

    You are in good company - You get 110% for effort with the books you have been reading recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed this one epically!! I have so many great books and I just need to focus on them for a few months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya. I think I got the YA challenge finished but I lost count and called the white flag on them all. I don't think I'm going to join any this next year.

    ReplyDelete