Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sunday Salon - March 20


It's been a busy week, reading wise, here at Chez Shepp.  Between reading myths, reading fairy tales, and the Villette readalong, sometimes it feels like I don't have time to do any other reading.  But this week I managed to finish a couple of books and start another.  My review of Anna Quindlen's Every Last One will be posted on Tuesday; I flew through it as I knew I would by the time I was ten pages in.  It really touched a chord with me.


Several months ago, I did a guest post which had started out to be a post which books famous people cited as their favorites.  I went looking for pictures of famous people reading and discovered that there were very few.  Surprisingly, I found the most pictures of Marilyn Monroe reading.  This week I found this one on Tumblr of James Dean.  Is it just me or does this picture look a bit like James Franco?

This week my book club will be meeting to discuss Chris Cleave's Little Bee.  I think I've mentioned before how much I enjoy getting together with these ladies.  It's sometimes hard to focus on discussing the book at all because we so much enjoy talking to each other.  We should probably meet twice a month--once to talk about a book and once just to talk!

On Wednesday look for a giveaway for a Jane Eyre prize pack in conjunction with Focus Feature's release of the new movie by the same name.  I definitely want to get to the movie soon but I'm sure I'm not going to be able to talk The Big Guy into going.  Any volunteers?

This week I'm back to focusing on mysteries.  Right now I'm reading Robert B. Parker's School Days, one of his Spenser books.  It's a quick read, lots of dialogue.  What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment