Sunday, April 29, 2012

You know it's spring when your weekend consists of a wedding and graduation party planning. Last night we went to the wedding of a man who's been a friend of my husband's for more than 35 years. It's a second marriage for both the bride and the groom and between them, they had enough grown children to have a large wedding party. It was great to see our friend so happy and fun to get to see so many people we haven't seen in a while.


At our house, we're working hard to get ready for our baby to graduate. A graduation is always such a great excuse to get some things done around the house that you've been wanting to do for a while. I'm doing some painting, getting the flower beds and potted plants ready, rearranging furniture and replacing hardware. I still have such a long list of things I want to get done in the next month. My house is going to look great but I don't know when I'm going to find the time to read!

Thank heavens for my lunch break, because I do have a lot of reading commitments this month. Coming up for review I have "Lulu In The Sky" by Loung Ung, "My Father's Country" by Saima Wahab, and "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett. For book club, this month's selection is Lionel Shriver's "So Much For That," and, of course, the "Bleak House" readalong continues this month.

Do you have any big activities you're looking forward to this spring? What's on your nightstand in May? Much as I'm looking forward to watching my daughter cross that stage, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to putting my feet up and reading, reading, reading come June!

No comments:

Post a Comment