Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Salon - December 2



Greetings from sunny, warm Omaha. I can't believe I can actually say that in December!

Here's What I'm:

Listening To:  Junot Diaz' The Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao. The jury's still out on this one but the narrator is wonderful and really helping me feel the mood of the writing.


Watching: "Elf" - 'tis the season! Maybe it's because we only watch "Elf" once a year (well, okay, maybe we do watch it a couple of times but only in December), it's still funny every time we watch it and it's a movie the entire family enjoys.


Reading: I just started Dan Stephenson's The Underwater Window but haven't had much time to read this weekend so I'm not in far. It looks to be a quick read so I'll start Alice Hoffman's The Dovekeepers later this week for the Omaha Bookworms December meeting. What are you reading this week?

Making: I'm joining Trish's Pin It And Do It Challenge for the holidays and I'm on a roll, although not everything is holiday related. This morning I made herbed frozen oil cubes and coffee ice cubes. Later I'll be putting finishing touches on a couple of holiday decorative ideas I got from Pinterest. The Big Guy just rolls his eyes every time I say " I got this idea from Pinterest."


Planning:To remain calm and stress free throughout the holidays. Last year was such a terrible December for me; I'm bound and determined that this year will make me forget that. I did such a great job on enjoying the fall and I want to keep that attitude throughout December. I've prioritized things and made lists and a schedule to help

Grateful for: It's December 2nd and I have windows open!

Loving: Playing with new ideas for Christmas decorating. I'm usually too cheap to buy new things for decorating this time of year since I already have so much, but I'm having a blast being creative, using what I have and finding what I want to add on a budget.

Looking forward to: Holiday baking - my family and I do a lot of the baking together and it's one of my favorite things about the holidays. Do you have traditions that you especially look forward to every year?

I'm also looking forward to 2013. I'll be talking more this month about the things I'm excited about in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment