Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sunday Salon - April 21



It snowed here again this week (certainly nowhere near as much as some of you!) and it was cold and grey most of the week. Still, I'm hopeful that spring may get here eventually when I look around my yard.


Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Well, this is embarrassing - I was listening to M.C. Beaton's The Death of a Gentle Lady...until I realized, nearly to the end of disk one, that I have already listened to this one. Glad I only spent a couple of dollars on it! So I've switched to Stewart O'Nan's Songs for the Missing.


Watching: I was home sick on Monday when the Boston Marathon bombing took place and spent most of the rest of the week glued to coverage of that and the aftermath. There was a part of me that thought I needed to just turn the t.v. off, there was so little new to offer so much of the time. But I just couldn't.

Reading: I've added a couple of new things to the blog to show what I'm reading for book club, what I'm listening to, and what I've got on my nightstand. I always keep a book on my nightstand for the nights I crawl into bed only to realize that I've forgotten my book downstairs. Right now, that book is Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being A Wallflower which I pulled off the shelf after Trish raved about it.

Making: This week I made a delicious cherry pound cake and a very rich chocolate cake. I'm not much of a cake eater so this is kind of unusual for me.

Planning: On getting some painting done around here in the next month or so. We picked out paint for the family room yesterday and The Big Guy is starting on that today to get us started.

Grateful for: I don't need it yet, but next week our new air conditioner will be installed. We suffered through the end of last summer without one and I don't want to repeat that!

Loving: Watching my kids grow and mature. We enjoy them all so much.

Thinking: This may be the first year ever that I have read the Pulitzer Prize winner before it was even the Pulitzer Prize winner. Congratulations to The Orphan Master's Son and Adam Johnson! Interesting to choose a book about a North Korean with North Korea so much in the news lately.

Looking forward to: Book club this week - whether the gals read the book or not, we always have fun. Laugh therapy are its finest.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment