Sunday, May 12, 2013

18th Century English Literature Event


About a year and a half ago I signed up for The Classics Club and accepted the challenge to read 50 classics in five years. Piece of cake, I thought. I read a lot of classics and my list contains only books I have in my house. Ten books a year; not even one book a month. How could I fail? Yet here I am, 16 months into the challenge and I've read four books. Just four. So when I found out that Delaisse was hosting the 18th Century English Literature event, I knew I needed to join to give me a little push.

My plans are to read Daniel DeFoe's (pictured above in the badge I'll be using) Moll Flanders and Voltaire's Candide. Neither is too long so it shouldn't be too hard to get through both of them easily. Although I did get about half way through Candide a couple of years ago and couldn't finish it. If I'm really feeling it, I'll add Henry Fielding's The History of Tom Jones, A Foundling. We'll see how many bright and shiny new books distract me in June. I do seem to be easily distracted these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment