Saturday, December 28, 2013

Life: It Goes On - December 29

Hoping that those of you who celebrate Christmas all enjoyed yours!

Ours was a bit unusual this year as we worked around the kids' schedules and had our first Christmas without The Big Guy's mom. But we managed to fit in everyone, had a lot of fun, and took some time to remember Grandma. We were well and truly spoiled (as usual!), including the cats who may have been most excited about a pile of tissue paper.

There were some moments which I particularly enjoyed: the candlelight portion of the Christmas Eve service at the church I grew up in (especially when one member sings a verse of "Silent Night" in the original German), the five of us gathered around the table enjoying a Christmas Day brunch, and the chance to watch my son teach the teacher how to use his new iPad. My kids have learned so much from their grandpa over the years; it was fun to see Mini-him get a chance to give back a little.

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Nothing at the moment - the kids are a work and BG is off to run errands. It is blissfully quiet.

Watching: We watched very little television this week that wasn't football or Christmas programming.

Reading: Finally finished my book for the War Through The Generations challenge and now I'm reading/listening to I Am Madame X and should finish both it and The Secret Garden in the next couple of days.

Making: Homemade tomato soup and ham for BG's family Christmas and french toast casserole and egg casseroles for our Christmas day brunch.

Planning: On upping the workouts in January and rethinking (NOT dieting) my eating. A date has been set for my nephew's wedding and I've set a weight loss goal for that. I'll soon be begging for delicious, healthy recipes!


Grateful for: My mom and sister-in-law for hosting our family get-togethers. It's a lot of work for both of them and we are all grateful to have a place to be together where we feel so welcome.

Loving: Ssshhh - don't tell anyone but I'm kind of loving Christmas being over. It's all a little overwhelming leading up to those couple of days and I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine.

Feeling: Blessed to have families we love so much. We sometimes take for granted families who, by and large, get along so well and are fun to be around. Christmas is a good reminder that we are very fortunate.

Thinking: Today will be all about getting those New Years cards written. Yeah, I totally decided I was not even going to try to get cards out before Christmas.

Looking forward to: Another short work week, a lot of football, and, hopefully, a lot of down time with some good books in the next week. What are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment