Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The List - The Un-Bucket List

I've never really sat down and made a "bucket" list, a list of things to do before you die. I don't know when that will be and I don't know how long I'll be active enough to get around. I'm shooting more for doing these things before I'm 65 - if they're all checked off by then, and I'm still in good shape, I can always add more, right? So let's just call it a life list instead.

1. See whales - this is, seriously, the number one thing I want to do. I have no idea why.

2. Visit Scotland, Denmark, England - the countries of my heritage - and Italy, just because.

3. Become conversant in Spanish - I took five years of it in school and it's almost all gone now. I want to learn another language; I think Spanish will come back to me once I get started.

4. Learn to knit - my mother-in-law tried to teach me but as soon as she'd leave, I'd forget everything I learned. I want to be able to make things for my someday grand babies!

5. Take some computer classes - I don't want to be able to build a computer or write software, but I would love to understand them better, to be able to really make them do what I want them to do.

6. Get my family all back to Breckenridge, Colorado for a vacation - we used to go every year and now the kids can't remember it. Maybe this year? I love it there in the summer!

7. Get a tattoo - sorry, Mom, but this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. When I do it, Miss H and I will get matching tattoos to honor the fight against cancers our family has fought.

8. Reteach myself to play the piano the way I used to be able to - I miss using music to express my emotions.

9. Retrace our honeymoon trip - Philly, Boston, Rhode Island, New York City. We packed so much into two weeks - at our age, we may have to stretch it to three weeks!

10. Learn to make slipcovers - I've wanted to do this for years.

What would you put on your life list?

No comments:

Post a Comment