Saturday, May 17, 2014

Life: It Goes On - May 17

What a week we've had for weather - Sunday night found us taking cover in my sister's basement because of a tornado warning and Thursday night we had a frost warning and had to cover all of our new plants. It's been cold enough this week that we had to turn the heat back on. Urgh!

I had no intention of going AWOL on the blog this week. I had planned a review of The Goldfinch (including my parents' thoughts) but that just never happened. And there was meant to be a post about things to do in Nebraska and that didn't happen. And I have absolutely no excuse. I didn't entirely unplug but I certainly didn't spend much time on the computer last week.

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: I'll finish You Know When The Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon tomorrow then I'm not sure what I'll start.

Watching: "The Voice" but not a lot else. I've actually convinced BG to leave the television off more and the quiet has been wonderful.

Reading: The Invention of Wings for book club this week. I also read Liane Moriarty's The Husband's Secret last week which I think would make a terrific book club selection.

Making: Progress on the face lift to the front of the house. The Big Guy got all of the new lights installed and I got the chair painted. Love their new turquoise color! Still need to paint the front door. What do you think of this orange?

Planning: Continuing work on the patio face lift. Plans are fluid but barn wood will be involved in some way.

Grateful for: The more than 4" of rain we got this week; it certainly has turned my lawn lush and green.

Loving: Playing in the dirt!

Feeling: Anxious - I have been having the strangest dreams lately and I can't seem to shake the feeling they give me.

Thinking: Of making a rhubarb pie today. I harvested the first crop yesterday and made some into sauce but still have just enough for one pie.

Looking forward to: Book club!

No comments:

Post a Comment