Sunday, June 22, 2014

2014 Big Book Summer Challenge

Sue over at Book by Book gave me just the prompt I was asking for yesterday. Not a half hour after I was looking at my shelves thinking I needed to try to knock off a couple of big books over the summer, I found my way to her 2014 Big Book Summer Challenge. The rules are simply, you only have to read one book of 400 pages or more between Memorial Day and Labor Day to be successful.

Since I just started Cecelia Ahern's P.S. I Love You after Memorial Day, I'll pull it off my night stand to make sure it gets finished up in the next couple of weeks. But since I was already planning on reading that, I'd still like to knock another of those chunksters living on my book shelves. The question is, what next? I will likely only have time to squeeze in one more book with what I'm already planning to read in the next couple of months. I need your help to choose! Here are my choices:

1. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet
2. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
3. The Crimson Petal and The White by Michel Faber

Which would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment