Sunday, October 12, 2014

Life: It Goes On - October 12

Happy Sunday! What a beautiful weekend we've had - temps have been cool but warm enough to be outside enjoying the sunshine, changing leaves and fall smells (I like to pretend that smell is NOT decaying plant life!).

Finally - I feel like the knee is getting back to being a useful part of my body. Everyday a little less pain, a little more functionality. It felt good enough for me to go to Junkstock yesterday and traipse up and down the hills. Lots of fun stuff there but so many people I had a hard time really getting to look at things. I did find a wonderful new pumpkin covered in book pages and got some great ideas for projects.

Happy birthday, today, to my brother! We are what some people might call Irish twins, less than a year separates us. He's a biologist by profession but a wonderful photographer as well. Check out his website - he has a great eye!

This Week I'm:

Listening To: Thanks to some extra driving this week, I finished Laura Lippman's By A Spider's Thread on Friday and will start Josh Brazell's Beat The Reaper on Monday.

Watching: Football, baseball, The Voice - the usual.

Junkstock - on a farm in the middle of the city!
Reading: I finished Burnt Toast Makes You Sing Good this week, Kathleen Flinn's latest as part of Fall Feasting and started Erica Bauermeister's The Lost Art of Mixing. Later this week I'll start Ann Leary's The Good House for book club.

Making: Pumpkin bars - I have finally almost used up all of the pumpkin that The Big Guy bought last winter in a mad desire to eat everything pumpkin!

Planning: On spending today getting my house put back in order. The dining room table we've been refinishing is reading to be put back together and we need to start getting things organized for Miss H's big move.

Grateful for: Great friends that make me laugh!

My newest pumpkin
Enjoying: Finding a new local (-ish) winery that makes a respectable wine and has a very nice venue with a beautiful view from the deck. Always fun to discover new places in your own backyard.

Feeling: Like I need the weekend to be about two days longer. I got a lot of play time in yesterday, which was great, but there is so much I need to get done.

Looking forward to: A clean house - I feel like things have gotten out of hand in the past few weeks while I've been a gimp. I still can't get down and scrub the floor but that's what the rest of my family is for, right?

What are you looking forward to this week? What ways have you been finding to enjoy autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment