Monday, November 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Want To Reread


Jane Austen
This week the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish challenged us to post our Top Ten Books We'd Like To Reread. This one is actually pretty easy for me. I keep very few books. Generally once I've read them, I pass them along to someone else to enjoy. I only keep the books that I think I may, someday, reread. It's not many. There are a couple of books on here that I read years ago (maybe as a teenager, certainly no later than my early twenties), that I'd like to read again, although I'm not sure they were terribly great books, they just made an impact on me. In no particular order. here are my top ten:

1.all of Jane Austen's Books - I'm not going to choose a favorite and not going to load up my whole list with Austen.

2. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - it shocked me, it made me angry, it made me so sad.

3. Sunshine by Norma Klein - a true-story, it made a young me face the idea that even young people die.

4. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett - I loved this one so much, I'm almost afraid to reread it for fear I will be disappointed.

5. City of Thieves by David Benioff - this book is one reason I stopped using the library; what if you loved a book and have to give it back?

6. Ragtime by E. L. Doctrow - this may be the first book that had me racing to learn more about the real people included in a work of historical fiction.

7. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - because it made me feel all of the emotions.

8. Serena by Ron Rash - now you know why I'm so looking forward to this one on the big screen.

9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - because I get something new out of it every time I read it.

10. Chesapeake by James Michner - so great; imagine a book that starts with the migratory patterns of Canadian geese and yet is completely fascinating.

What books would make your list?


No comments:

Post a Comment