Monday, February 23, 2015

Life: It Goes On - February 23


Goodness, what a busy, for me, weekend we had! We had ourselves another mini-staycation Saturday.  The original forecast left us thinking that once we checked into our downtown hotel, we'd hoof it to our various destinations. Then we actually went outside. Holy buckets has it been cold here the past few days!

My pick for the winning animated short
We started by going to a showing of all of the Oscar-nominated animated shorts. I seriously KNEW which one would be the winner. And then it lost. To Pixar. That hardly seems fair. Should any Disney film have to be in its own category?

After drinks at one spot and dinner at another, we decided to take advantage of the ridiculously big suite our points had earned us. It was the size of the condominiums we used to rent every year. So big, we decided to invite Mini-him and his girl to hang out with us and take advantage of all of that room. We tried to teach them pitch. We probably shouldn't have had so much to drink before we did that. But, hey, none of us were driving!

View from our suite - Omaha kinda looks like a real city!
This Week I'm:

Listening To: Catching up on podcasts this week.

Watching: Big Guy came home Thursday to find me in the midst of Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Carousel." He does not share my love of musicals so I've decided to take advantage of my half-days by watching one every week.

Reading: I ripped through The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. It may not be this year's Gone Girl but it was one heck of a ride. Now I've started Nina Sankovitch's Tolstoy And The Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading. 

Making: Taco soup, roasted chicken one night which lead to chicken and dumplings another night, and nachos. And another soup. Which I swear was tasty but I can't recall what it was at all.

Planning: Continuing with 40 Bags In 40 Days. I've been working upstairs this week, although, truth be told, I'm doing more organizing than tossing.

Enjoying: Last night's annual Oscar party at Ms. C's house. She really spoils us - so much yummy food, fun cocktails, great laughs with friends old and new, and prizes. Did you watch this year? What'd you think of Neil Patrick Harris? We were underwhelmed. Lady Gaga's tribute to "The Sound of Music" left us all a little speechless. Wow, just wow. And could John Travolta have been any more creepy?

Feeling: Lethargic. Cold does that to me even though I know I'll be warmer if I just get up and move.

Looking forward to: Miss H's 20th birthday this weekend. Which may be a bit subdued with an entire weekend of snowfall in the forecast. If March comes in like a lion, it'll go out like a lamb, right? What are you looking forward to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment