Saturday, April 25, 2015

It's Dewey's Readathon Time!

Good morning, all! I'm so excited that it's time, again, for an excuse to sit all day and read. Well, not so much all day, for me, because I have a wedding smack dab in the middle of the whole thing that will takes hours out of my reading time and, more than likely, leave me coming home ready for bed. It would be wrong for me to come down with a migraine just as it was time to leave, wouldn't it? Yeah, you're probably right.

I always feel like I start off slow on the readathon, most of the time only just waking up when it's time to start reading. This morning, though, I actually woke up before my alarm was set to go off - my brain clearly wanted to maximize the time I have for reading today!

And now for the opening meme!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Coming to you from rainy Omaha, Nebraska, USA (how I love that it is necessary to add that last bit, with readers joining in world wide!)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Biscoff - although I've never tried it. I blame Jen (Relentless Reader) and peer pressure.

 4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I've been an empty-nester for all of, what, three weeks after raising three kids and I'm still adjusting to that. I read, I garden, I cook and bake. I try to keep my husband in line. And I'm counting down the days until (American) football starts again.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I can't remember how many of these I've done now but every time I tweak things a little. This time I got up earlier so I can take better advantage of the early quiet time. If I don't drink too much wine at the wedding reception, I'll take just a nap when I get home then get started again so I can read through the night. I've never done naps before and I find there's no way I can get through a full 24 hours without it.

BOOKS READ: A Room With A View

PAGES READ: 207

FOOD CONSUMED: Bagel with peach cream cheese and two cups of coffee; a little snack of jelly beans and another cup of coffee

FUN STUFF: Opening meme and The Casting Couch, hosted by My Little Pocketbooks

Hour 1: 50 pages of A Room With A View under my belt. I'll finish it up as soon as I get back to reading and then I'm thinking I'll pick up something in my pile that's on my TBR Challenge list.

Hour 6: It's been a challenge between fighting to stay awake, my hubby talking and an unplanned visit from Miss H! Still, it's more reading than I would normally get done on a Saturday morning!

The End: Well, my "the end" - returned from the wedding exhausted and having had a few glasses of wine but determined to finish the 105 pages I had left in Tbe Silver Swan by Elena Delgado and try to get my second wind. I fell asleep after only 50 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment