Saturday, August 6, 2016

Life: It Goes On - August 7

New books have been making their way into my house at a pretty good clip the past few weeks but I haven't been getting nearly enough reading done. I thought I would certainly read some on our trip but my navigator job always seems to be more demanding than expect it to be. Now that the temps have cooled off a lot, I'm hoping to snatch some patio evening time for long stretches of reading - one of my fave things to do in the summer. Although...Olympics. So.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I've been all over the place with my listening the past couple of weeks. Some of the time I'm listening to my audio book, some of the time to podcasts, some of the time to music. I'm as ADD with my listening as I am with my reading lately!

Watching: Um, did I mention the Olympics? All sports, all of the time. Very glad to have missed the French gymnast breaking his leg, though.

Reading: I raced through Jacqueline Woodson's Another Brooklyn while we were traveling, but otherwise, I'm all over the place. I think I've finally settled on Amy Stewart's Girl Waits With Gun for now.

Making: Tacos, sandwiches, grilled steaks - easy summer fare. Last night, Mini-me and I worked together to make a black bean and grilled corn salad that we served over quinoa he made. He's a huge fan of quinoa; I am not. Well, I wasn't. But he make have convinced me to give it another chance.

Planning: A bridal shower for my niece and a going away get together for Mini-me before he takes off for his new adventure.

Thinking About: How much fun we had in Milwaukee. If you live there, you already know that you have a great city. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the rest of the country has no idea. Maybe we'll just keep it between us. I wouldn't want it to get too crowded because that German Fest we went to the first night was all the crowded I could handle!

Enjoying: Spending time with cousins from Denmark who have been visiting with my parents.

Top: the new digs, German Fest; Middle: Wind Point Lighthouse, Atwater Beach, Milwaukee Museum of Art; Bottom: Wind Point Beach, Milwaukee River riverfront walk, North Beach Park

Feeling: Happy. You all know how much I love spending time with my family and seeing them all having so much fun together and so happy was the best! I thought we'd never get Miss H out of the water!

Looking forward to: Right now I'm not looking forward so much as trying to stay in the present.

Question of the week: The Big Guy likes the beach but he's more of a mountain person. I like the mountains, but I'd much rather spend vacations on the beach. Are you a mountain person or a beach person? Or, maybe, a city vacation person?

No comments:

Post a Comment