Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bloggiesta Final Post


Well, I feel like I've spent a ton of time sitting at my computer this weekend and there is still so much more I could have gotten done. I did, however, accomplish all of the things I set out to do.


1. My Google reader and I have been doing battle. And it's not just that I haven't been able to keep up with the posts that are coming in. I've also had quite a few blogs that for some reason would not show as having things read once I'd been through them. I need to catch up on my reading, clear out the blogs I just don't to (over 200 is much more than I can manage), clear out the blogs with the glitch and try to get them reinstalled. I cleared out the blogs that I don't really read or that have all but stopped posting, read all of the posts out there and kept them read all weekend. I did add some new ones that I found through the Bloggiesta feed which I'm looking forward to reading.

2. Set up a schedule for the planned "The Space Between Us" readalong to begin in July, make a button for it and write a first post about it. The post is written and scheduled for this Thursday and I got a post written for "All Things In Common" which is also scheduled for this week.

3. Go through all my challenges and get them updated. See if I need to adjust my lists of books to make getting through the challenges more doable. Done. I've written and scheduled a post for this week to wrap up the challenge that it turns out I'm done with. I'm still hoping not to have to make a lot of changes in my reading lists for the other challenges. Both of the books I'm reading right now will work for a number of challenges.

4. Change my template and either go back to a two-column format or reset the three-column format to make my blog look less cluttered. I'm betting that this will take me most of a day -- unless I can recruit my resident computer geek to help. Done--well, for now! I have completely redone the layout and background, thanks to Blogger's new templates. So easy to work with. I still need to tweak the header and I may change the colors but otherwise it's good to go for a while.

I also did a couple of mini-challenges but I'm embarrassed to say that I don't even remember where I found them. I actually found them by going through someone else's blog as I read the Bloggiesta feed. I graded by blog, set up Google alerts, and worked on my RSS feed. All in all a very productive weekend. I probably spent about 20 hours working on my blog this weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I "should" reduce the number I follow as well, but just can't do it! :)

    Your blog looks great, and you really did great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great change Lisa - you are using a template very close to the one I use! Great minds think alike :)

    Looks clean/crisp. I will be back to read through everything, just a quick visit this morning.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new layout! (Not that I didn't before!) It's very simple, yet still striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a good feeling to clean up the blog a bit. I couldn't get internet on the boat and felt so adrift... (ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on accomplishing so much over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you accomplished a lot! I didn't participate officially but since I weeded through Google Reader over the weekend. It was outta control! I had over 400 subscriptions but I pared it down to just over 200. I felt bad, but it was overwhelming me, and blogging is supposed to be fun.

    --Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did great!! I hear you on the Google Reader. I keep adding and don't get rid of enough. Congratulations on accomplishing so much this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa--I LOVE the new layout. Makes me want to work on mine as soon as I get home from work. Very very lovely.

    ReplyDelete