Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Salon - January 9


We're settling in today for a battle with mother nature.  She'll win, of course, if she's got a mind to and I'll have to slip and slide into work for the next couple of days.  But in the meantime, we'll enjoy some rented movies, chicken and noodles, warm banana bread, and lots of cocoa as well as a full array of movie, plenty of football and piles of books.

I've talked about a few of the books I'm looking forward to in 2011 but barely scratched the surface of what I'm anxiously awaiting.  The Millions just added even more to my list with Most Anticipated: The Great 2011 Book Preview

As I'm loathe to sign up for any more challenges and because trying to force myself to find books to suit challenges is a sure way for me to fail, I haven't signed up for any of the challenges for reading books from other countries.  But expanding my reading outside of books written by U.S. authors is one of my priorities this year so I'm asking for your help.  Instead of picking up books just because of where they are set or who wrote them, I'm asking for your recommendations, particularly my readers from outside of the U.S.  What are the must-reads?

I'm off to make a big pot of oatmeal and raisins to brace us for the day.  Then I'm off to settle in with The Gentleman Poet by Kathryn Johnson.  What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment