Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Salon - February 20

It's been a slow reading week again; I've been distracted by the spring-like weather we've been enjoying.  Throwing doors and windows open makes me feel the need to start washing down walls and cleaning out closets. 

I read "One Amazing Thing" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and am now back to reading "The Glass Castle" all while trying to catch up with the "Villette" readalong.  I was surprised to realize, well into "Villette," that I have already read it.  Does not remember reading  it mean that I really didn't like it?  Do I keep reading if it was that unmemorable for me?  I'm sure I will; I'm not good about giving up on a book.

We're watching a t.v. show about Perseus this morning and it's once again reminding me of how much I enjoyed my Greek mythology class as a college freshman.  And how little I remember about mythology.  So I'm wondering if I can squeeze in "Mythology Monday" as well as "Fairy Tale Fridays" and still find the time to read books.  Perhaps a monthly thing?


I'm going to be finishing "The Glass Castle" this week and starting "Beatrice and Virgil" by Yann Martel for a TLC book tour in March.  What are you reading this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment