Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Salon - April 10


I was feeling like a massive failure at Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon earlier today. I probably only read about 10 hours, only read about 400 pages and didn't participate in a single mini-challenge. On the other hand, I did finish one book, read another book and got a good start on a third. I visited a lot of other blogs, including many new-to-me blogs. And I did all of that while still managing to do laundry, give my son a haircut, get my hair colored and enjoy an evening out with friends. So, yeah, now I'm feeling pretty good about what I got done.


It may be a foregone conclusion that if you work for a newspaper and you write a book, the paper will be a great promoter for you. Still, it was nice to see not just a nice review of Rainbow Rowell's Attachments, but also this article. If you'd like to see what Rowell is all about, check out her articles. I'm looking forward to hearing her this Thursday but suddenly realized that I've given my copy of the book to my mom to read. Argh!


I'm looking forward to finishing The Heretic's Daughter this week and then I'll either move on to Valerie Laken's Separate Kingdoms or Jay Winik's April 1865 for the War Through The Generations challenge. What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment