Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Salon - March 18

Goodness, what a glorious week it's been here - in the seventies every day which is just unheard of for this early in March. It's made me sweep through the house, rolling up rugs, packing away blankets, clearing off surfaces. It feels so good!

Thoroughly enjoying watching the NCAA Basketball Tournaments - mens' and womens'. I don't watch a lot of basketball during the regular season but I do love to watch it this time of the year. It helps to have a race in the horse this year; my husband went to Creighton University so we enjoyed watching them Friday. It does really cut into my reading time, though!

This week I'm bound and determined to have my review of In The Garden of Beasts finished and posted. I have no idea why that one's giving me such fits. I'll also have a review of The Sun Also Rises which the Omaha Bookworms chose for this years classics read. We'll be discussing it on Tuesday; I'm looking forward to hearing what the other ladies thought of it.

This weekend I finally started The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. Having heard so much about them and having seen the movies, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to finally seeing what all of the fuss is about or wondering if I even need to bother. As I finish each book, though, Mini-him has asked that I pass the books along; it will be fun to discuss them with him as he gets through each one. I'm so thrilled that my boys are both big readers and we get to talk books with each other. They certainly have their own interests when it comes to books but we often overlap in the books we're interested in, which is fun.

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment