Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sunday Salon - March 3



If you follow me on Twitter, you know I got a new phone this week, a fancy new phone that does a lot of things my other phone didn't do, partly because it couldn't and partly because I chose not to add a data plan to it. If you're a person who likes to have the latest gadgets or a person who changes phones every year, you'll be surprised to read below that my new phone is not the thing I'm grateful for or loving. I hate new phones. I'm an old dog; I hate learning new tricks. At least when it comes to something that's supposed to make my life easier.

Here's What I'm:
Nat King Cole

Listening To: The Nat King Cole station on Pandora. Why did I not think of this one sooner? Love, love this for unwinding at the end of the day. Oh, and I'm back to The Enchantress of Florence. I've resigned myself to the idea that I'll just be lost some of time.

Watching: "Smash" - although I must say that there are so many new characters and things going on that I'm a little lost (that does seem to be a theme for me lately, doesn't it?).

Reading: I started Madeleine Albright's Prague In Winter this week, my third non-fiction in a row. So far it's not exactly what I was expecting but I'm learning a lot and happy to see Albright's voice is really showing through; she is a smart and surprisingly funny lady.

Making: A Tex-Mex feast for Miss H's birthday dinner: soft and hard shell tacos, cheese & onion enchiladas, refried beans, guacamole and Key Lime mini-cupcakes. Forgot to make the rice. Darn.

Planning: On finding some time this week to play with my new phone and find more apps I can have fun with.
The Original Mama Shepp
Grateful for: Having thirty years with a woman who has treated me like one of her own. I know how rare that is and never forget that I've been blessed.


Thinking: That there is no such thing as "enough" time.

Looking forward to: Right now we are not looking too far forward. We won't have The Big Guy's mom with us much longer and all of our thoughts are on the here and now. I feel a little bit as though we are about to be set adrift.

No comments:

Post a Comment