Sunday, July 28, 2013

High Summer Readathon - It's A Wrap

The High Summer Read-a-Thon wrapped up yesterday and while I didn't get quite as much reading done as I'd hoped to, I did get two books read and got a good start on a third.

True, I didn't have much choice about getting through The Chalice since I had to read it in time for a scheduled review. Also true that I might well have made the time to read all of Beth Hoffman's Looking For Me readathon or not. I was hooked from the first paragraph and Hoffman had me in tears by the time I was done reading, something that very rarely happens.

My plan going into the readathon was to read a book for review after The Chalice followed by something I've had on my bookshelves for a while. For that book I chose Alice Hoffman's The Ice Queen; I've read about a fourth of it so far and should be able to finish it in the next couple of days.

Even though I didn't get as much reading done as I'd hoped to, the High Summer Read-a-Thon may just have kickstarted my reading mojo again. I'm excited to be reading again; thanks, Michelle!


No comments:

Post a Comment