Saturday, March 1, 2014

Life: It Goes On - March 2

What a fun weekend we're having - despite having record cold temperatures. Yesterday was Miss H's 19th birthday - she's finally legally an adult in Nebraska which means I don't, technically, have any children left. How can that have happened? I swear it was only yesterday I was bringing my first baby home from the hospital! She had to work all day so her day was a bit muted as far as a celebration but we made sure to work in some fun things.

Tonight I'm headed off to an Oscar's party - my friend Cheryl hosts it every year and it's so much fun. We're vocal about fashion, compete to see who can guess predict the most winners, and enjoy fun cocktails and great food. I'm looking forward to it! I'd glam up to go but too many diamonds would look silly with the parka I'll be forced to wear to get there.

Friday night The Big Guy and I headed off for a staycation here in town. I highly recommend it. If it had been nice, we could have walked every where we went. So relaxing and we used it as an opportunity to eat at some places we don't go very often. We're planning another one in a couple of weeks when we'll head to Lincoln. Hopefully it will be nice enough then to get out and about more!

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Podcasts this past week and I'll probably spend much of the next few weeks catching up with those. I'm all caught up with Satellite Sisters and I'm working on getting caught up with Radio Lab now. Did you know there used to be 415 days in a year??? Okay so it was 450 billion years ago but still. I learn so much every time I listen to Radio Lab!

Watching: The Voice and a lot of college basketball. I'm a little lost since the Olympics ended!

Reading: I finished The Moon Sisters this morning for a TLC Book Tours review tomorrow and now I'm back to Outlander.  I really need to get started on The Goldfinch which is the March/April selection for the Omaha Bookworms as well.

Making: Shredded chicken lasagna, chicken enchiladas and, for Miss H's birthday, key lime cupcakes.

Planning: To avoid going outside as much as possible this week. I'm hunkering down until the above average temperatures move in next week.

Grateful for: A husband I enjoy spending time with.

Loving: Orange - I'm obsessed with the color right now. I've used it to accessorize in Mini-me's room/the guest room and now I'm looking for other places I can use it. Pulled out one of BG's grandma's bowls for some Halos in the kitchen and it makes me happy to have the bit of color on a dreary winter day.

Feeling: Like the weekends are much too short. Why is the more fun you have packed into these two days, the faster they go by?

Thinking: I may have packed too many book commitments into March. I'm not sure I'm going to get any mysteries read at all!

Looking forward to: I think I've covered this already - Oscar party tonight and warmer temperatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment