Thursday, August 14, 2014

How Not To Reduce The Books On Your Shelves


I had very few reading commitments this month and have been working really hard to read books that have been living on my shelves for a while so I could, you know, maybe get rid of the piles on the floor. But today when I went to the library book sale to pick up some new audio books (which I'd like to point out will live in my car and not on my floor), I found very few books I really wanted to listen to...and six dollars yet to spend. I always take cash and my goal is usually to spend as close to the exact amount of cash I have without going over. So I HAD so spend that last six dollars. Which meant I had to buy actually books. Which will live on my floor. For who knows how long.

one of the gardens at the library
I got Mrs. Dalloway and M.C. Beaton's Death of a Maid on audio and Tigers In Red Weather, The Weird Sisters and The Singing and Dancing Daughters of God in print. In my defense, I did put back Dan Simmon's Drood which I'm pretty sure weighs in at 10 lbs. Curiously, they also had this one on audio and while it most definitely did not say "abridged" any place on the box, I find it hard to believe that they got 800 pages of book onto seven discs. Had to pass on that on principle alone.

Also, I might have added a couple of books on my Nook this week. But they're invisible so they don't count, right? Have you brought any new books into your home this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment