Monday, August 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors


This week the ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish are asking us for the top ten authors that we will automatically buy any time they publish a new book. Of course, this would be easier for me if Jane Austen and any of the Brontes could publish a new book, but I suppose that's too much to ask for. In no particular order, here are my top ten must-buy authors:

1. Ann Patchett - although I haven't actually read all of her books yet, anything I haven't read yet is definitely on my to-buy list.

Thrity Umrigar
2. Thrity Umrigar - if I haven't read it, it's already sitting on my bookshelves.

3. Timothy Shaffert - and not just because he does an awesome lit festival!

4. Emily St. John Mandel - I've liked her since her first novel and she's only improved since then.

Peter Geye
5. Peter Geye - two books, two impressive pieces of writing.

6. Cathy Marie Buchanan - she blends history and fiction marvelously.

7. Jojo Moyes - why, yes, I will be buying After as soon as it comes out.

8. Tana French - in fact, I have bought all five of her books. Three read, two to go.

Ami McKay
9. Ami McKay - history and fiction blended with a focus on women's issues.

10. ??? - I'm leaving this one open for one of the authors I've read and enjoyed to suck me in with a second book and convince me that I can't pass them up. Amor Towles? Rebecca Rotert? Mary Doria Russell?

Which authors are on your must-buy list, the authors who never disappoint?

No comments:

Post a Comment