Saturday, March 19, 2016

Oh, Hey, It's Bloggiesta Time!

I've been putting off signing up for Bloggiesta this time, not sure what my schedule for the week was going to look like and wanting to make sure that, if I did sign up, I had time to commit to it. Turns out, I think I do!

Then the question becomes "what do I want to accomplish this week on the blog?" I've played a bit with the look of the blog lately, adding a new header a couple of weeks ago. I'm not 100% sold on it so I may tweak that, but it's not a priority. Eventually I'll be moving to WordPress but not this week. That's something Mini-him is going to help me with soon.

Here's what I know, for sure, that I need to take care of:

  1. Comments: I need to catch up on the comments left this month.
  2. Mail: I've been doing better on this lately, but there's always cleaning up to be done.
  3. Bloglovin': This should be at the top of the list - I've got about 100 posts I haven't read as of today and want to make sure I take time to read and comment on all of them.
  4. Mini-challenges: I've been doing this almost seven years now so it's harder to find mini-challenges that work for me, but it's always worth checking out.
  5. Clean Up Sidebar: There's not a lot to do, but I do want to do some cleaning up and rearranging.
  6. Catch Up My Calendar: I'm trying to free read as much as possible but I do have some books on Netgalley that I need to make sure I read before they archive, book club reads and at least one scheduled review. Gotta make sure nothing is falling through the cracks.
  7. Prep Some Posts: I'm remarkably scheduled ahead a couple of weeks for reviews but I'd like to get the rest of those weeks filled in to give me more reading time in April. 
  8. Visit New-To-Me Blogs: I can't keep up with the blogs I follow already but I'd hate to think there's a great blog I don't even know about yet!
  9. Clean Up Labels: The never ending task. Ugh. UPDATE: everything's gone I wanted to get rid of. Next Bloggiesta I'm going to work on adding labels to the posts without labels and adding some new labels to old posts.
  10. Books Read List: This is one of those tasks I've started and never quite finished. 
  11. Clean Up Old Posts: If I'm really crazy and knock out everything else, I'd love to go back and make sure older posts are all formatted the way I like them to be now. I did a fair amount of this while I was cleaning up labels. I'm calling that good enough for now.
Whew! I hope my family isn't planning on eating this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment