Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Lit: Uniquely Portable Magic

I tend to look at Facebook on my phone, during lunch or in the evenings when my husband is using the computer or while I'm waiting in the car for some reason. While I'm browsing, I tend to save things to look at later and then I forget to actually look at them, other than to occasionally remember to use one of the many recipes that has piqued my interest. 

As part of my recent 40 Bags In 40 Days, my "bags" included cleaning up some computer things, including my Facebook saves. Turned out, there were some pretty interesting things there, among them a lot of bookish saves.

In December 2014, Buzzfeed published a list of 51 Of The Most Beautiful Sentences in Literature.  

From bbc.com comes a list of The 21st Century's 12 Greatest Novels.

In March last year, Polka Cafe showcased Top Indian Women Authors Whose Books Should Be On Your Summer Reading List. You all know how much I love books by Indian authors so I was very happy to rediscover this list.

Again from Buzzfeed, here is a list of 53 Books You Won't Be Able To Put Down.

If you're looking for some foodie, nonfiction reads, here are a few from Book Riot.

Jane Smiley

Check out The Writer's Room, courtesy of The New York Times. I'm always interested in seeing the environments that result in creativity.

Speaking of authors, check out these movies about authors, courtesy of Book Riot.

Finally, also from Buzz Feed, comes a list of 20 Incredible Books From The Past Year That You Need To Read.




No comments:

Post a Comment