Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pin It And Do It Challenge - Steel Cut Oats






I've tried this one before - I got it from Trish of Love, Laughter & A Touch of Insanity - but for some reason I haven't been able to get it to pull up in a while. Then I found it again on Pinterest when I was looking for another recipe to try. It's still my favorite - it's a great base and can be easily adapted. This time I once again skipped the apple and instead used a blend of dried fruit. I also substituted agave nectar for the brown sugar.

I've yet to try making steel cut oats on the stove. I have a notion that would require a lot more attention than the crockpot variety. I've also never let this cook all night - I've found that it only takes about four to five hours to cook to perfection and I don't want to overcook it. But I'd really like to wake up to my breakfast already warm! I wish my crockpot had a lower than low temperature setting!


No comments:

Post a Comment