Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Salon - May 6


I'm feeling more than a little stressed lately as I'm thinking about everything I need (well, that I want) to get done before Miss H's graduation party. Am I the only person that needs a big event to get around to doing all of those things around the house that I've been wanting to do for a long time? It's certainly been cutting in on my reading time!
 

I was watching YouTube videos yesterday about home organizing and decluttering and was surprised by how many of the people who've posted videos don't know that rule of writing - show, don't tell. What is the point of a video about organizing or decluttering if I'm watching you sitting talking to me for nine minutes and never leaving your desk? Show people, show!

Every time I open Pinterest to see what I want to try next for the Pin It And Do It challenge, I get completely distracted. Last night I found this great collection of pipe bookshelves. They wouldn't work in my house but I think they are so cool!

I have four books I'm working on right now. I am not enjoying it, trying to balance all of them. I really need to hide in my room a couple of nights this week and read long enough to finish a couple of them. House of Mirth, I'm looking at you - you're getting finished this week.

Another book I've got going right now is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo which I started in March. I did something the other night I never thought I would do. I took my daughter to get her first tattoo. There's a long story behind it but let's just say that my middle-aged, suburban mom self had to look ridiculously out of place in a tattoo parlor on a Friday night. But...at least I had the right book in my purse to read while we were waiting!

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment