Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Salon - June 3

What a lovely weekend we've had after a week that was cool enough it found me pulling out a turtleneck to wear to work on Friday. I would love to have had time yesterday to sit out on the patio yesterday and read - may yet find time for that today. We're hoping to get my great-nieces over to play this afternoon and if that happens, there will be no reading time for me!

Speaking of little people, check out these book-based cakes! When my kids were younger, I used to pride myself on making great birthday cakes but none of them held a candle to these! Of course, these are all made by bakeries - where they have all the great tools right at hand and no toddlers under foot.

We were cleaning Miss H's room yesterday (who knew, she has a floor and a walk-in closet!) and discovered her babysitting bag full of great kids books. She hasn't done any babysitting for a while so I suppose it would make sense to get rid of those books but I have such a hard time getting rid of beloved children's book. Much harder for me to do that than to part with the books I've read.

Here's a new children's book by Daniel Pinkwater I just discovered called Mrs. Noodlekugel. It's just the kind  of book I would have loved for my kids. I'm thinking maybe Christmas gifts - I love to give books to the little kids. Found this one on Boing Boing, reviewed by Cory Doctorow. He does a lot of reviews and other articles there. If you're into largely unusual kinds of reads and interesting nerdy things, Boing Boing is a great site with very good writing.

I'm reading Equal of the Sun this week for a TLC Book Tour and I'm hoping to get started on this month's Omaha Bookworms selection as well. What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment