Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

Woohoo! It's time for the fall edition of Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon and I'm finally ready to get reading. I'm not going to have as much time to read today as I'd hoped and this evening I've got plans with friends (I really could not think of a way to say "I'd love to see you but I've got to read" that didn't make me sound anti-social!). I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get in 12 hours of reading. But I'm going to give it my best shot and see what I can get read out of my Fall Feasting books. Yesterday I picked up Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House so that will give me a chance to break things up a bit. I really need to read The Night Circus for book club this month but have yet to pick it up. If I'm out and about today, I may get it and move it to the top of the pile.


UPDATE ONE: Well, this might just be the least amount of reading I've ever gotten done during a readathon - at least so far! I did finish The Little Stranger and have gotten a good start on Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee. But it is slow going so I turned to Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight which I've been reading as my "oops I forgot to bring my book up to bed" read and am really enjoying. Next I'm off to cheerlead for a bit.

UPDATE TWO: Yeah, well, the reading? Not so much. But I did go do about an hour and a half of cheerleading and completed one mini-challenge. I Heart Monster challenged us to get outside and take a break (which, let's be honest, is about all I've been doing, except the outside part). I went outside and harvested sage, rosemary, lavender and chives and pulled the annuals all out of their pots in the backyard. My house smells great now with all of those fresh herbs in vases waiting for me to have time to tie it up to dry! Now I've got to make a pumpkin cake and get it in the oven. Then I'm back to reading...although I'm not sure what's going to grab my fancy next.

UPDATE THREE: Goodness, we had a lovely dinner with good friends but between the getting ready and the time we spent at their house, seven hours passed. I'm back to reading - still plugging away with Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee, although, honestly, it's really not a good choice for a readathon book. In fact, nonfiction, readathons and I really don't mix well. My goal at this point, though, is to finish it, do some cheerleading and call it a night. 

Books Finished : 1
Pages Read: 287
Mini-Challenges Completed:1
Hours Cheerleading: 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment