Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Where In The World Are You Reading? Cafe Style


The October theme for "Where In The World Are You Reading" is cafes or coffeeshops or teahouses or bars? or anywhere you hangout to grab a bite to eat or a drink and do some reading. 

 

I don't read much in cafes or coffee shops - mostly because I don't spend much time in them. I'm the person in the drive-thru lane getting that coffee or sandwich to go. One season Miss H's volleyball team practiced at a school too far from home to go home while she practiced but just close enough to a Starbucks to allow me an hour of reading. It was a fine way to fill that time but a Starbucks is a Starbucks is a Starbucks. Aroma's Coffee House, on the other hand, is a great place to grab a tasty beverage and enjoy some time with a book.


Located in Omaha's historic Old Market district, Aroma's makes great use of the inherent ambiance of being in an old building but for me the best part is sitting out front on a beautiful fall day. I must admit that as great as it is to sit and read out front, it can be a bit distracting. People watching in the Old Market is almost as entertaining as the food, shopping and music are. This weekend is the Omaha Lit Fest - if I were going to be able to go, I'd definitely be heading over to spend a bit of Saturday out front of Aroma's with one of my new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment