Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sunday Salon - October 7



Greetings from chilly Omaha! I hate it but we've had to turn the heater on already. It's going to be time this week to pull out the flowering plants and put away the pots for the year; the potted herbs have already come inside. I'm not getting as much reading done as I'd hoped to during the FrightFall readathon but there's still today, right?

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty which I picked up for $2 at my library's weekly book sale. I didn't even know until this week that they had books on CD. There weren't a lot there that I was interested in but with an ever changing selection, I'm betting there will be at least one more I want when I'm done with this one.

Watching: "Legally Blonde: The Musical" at the playhouse in my hometown. We usher there several times a season and they put on some really terrific shows.


Cooking: Bruschetta with the last ripe tomatoes we're going to get out of our garden this season. It's gotten so cold; we had our first freeze last night. We have a brown grocery bag full of green tomatoes wrapped in newspaper that should ripen for us for a couple more weeks but they aren't quite as good as the one picked at just the right time.

Making: A mess in my basement as we continue to work on major rearranging, settling Mini-him back in, and decluttering. I'm definitely not the garbage man's best friend right now but the Goodwill is loving me!

Grateful for: The beautiful fall foliage. I'm working hard to enjoy them this year; the past few years I've only been able to see them as the harbinger of months of brown bleakness.

Happy about: That I have a good vacuum. We're loving these cats but if I'm going to be able to keep them, I'm going to have to be able to keep the hair cleaned up. And, dang, there's a lot of fur!

Looking forward to: A trip to Half-Price Books. I was planning to go on Thursday but we had to switch vehicles and the books I had ready were in my vehicle on the other side of town. Say, do they have audio books?

No comments:

Post a Comment