Sunday, September 15, 2013

Life: It Goes On - September 15

 It's grey, it's cool, and it's rainy here this morning - woohoo! Just the kind of day to curl up and read. I had such a productive day yesterday that I'm going to take some time today to do just that.

It's a sad day in Husker Nation. Unless you're like me and a) are able to get over the football game when the game is done and/or b) cheer for all Husker teams in which case you're happy because the volleyball team won it's third match in as many days last night. Go ladies! We are a particularly superstitious lot here, though, and next week there will be some tweaking of Husker gnome placement and a change in which Husker gear we're wearing. Because, yes, we really can influence the outcome of the game!

Here's What I'm:
Arcangelo Corelli

Listening To: Arcangelo Corelli's 12 Concerti Grossi Opus 6 this morning. My dad raised us on classical music, particularly on Sunday mornings.

Watching: Sports and not much more.

Reading: I'll finish Truman Capote's In Cold Blood by tomorrow then I'll start Marisha Pessl's Night Film on my Nook.

Making: Pasta sauce with herbs and tomatoes from the garden to freeze, breakfast burritos which I wrapped and tossed in the fridge for quick breakfasts, and variations on the traditional S'more. Those were a big hit with the young people that were at my house for a fire the other night! I'm still looking for a good alternative to graham crackers but we found quite a lot of good alternatives to plain chocolate bars.

Planning: I've got some furniture I want to get painted today if the weather cooperates. If not, I'm going to start working on Christmas gifts.

Grateful for: The rain; it's been so dry here the past few weeks.

Loving: Miss H finally having her driver's license. Except for the fact that now I have one more thing to worry about when I hear sirens nearby!

Thinking: I might just break out a can of pumpkin this week. Pinterest, you evil creation, you've broken me down with all of your pumpkin recipes!

Looking forward to: Book club this week with our extra guests as we discuss Lily Koppel's The Astronaut Wives Club. It's going to be a good discussion - my mom and I have already been talking about the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment