Saturday, September 7, 2013

Life: It Goes On - September 8, 2013

Greetings from Omaha, where summer, apparently, is using the lunar calendar to determine it's end date this year. Holy buckets has it been hot the past few days! It's doing wonders for my tomatoes but I'll bet they're not selling many pumpkins spice lattes around here.


I'm actually coming to you this morning from Missouri, where we've had rollicking good fun this weekend helping my sister-in-law cope with turning 50 next week. Y'all know how much I love my trips to Missouri, especially when I get to spend time at a winery!




Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Fleetwood Mac's Rumors - takes me right back to high school!

Watching: Football and Paul Bettany movies: Wimbledon,.Master & Commander, and A Knight's Tale. It just happens that they were all on tv this week and I do like looking at him!

Reading: On audio, I'm still listening to Anna Quindlen's Black and Blue. I'm not loving it; I don't know if it's the narrator or the story. I want to feel an emotion punch from Quindlen like I did with Every Last One. I'll finish A Place At The Table this weekend and quite like it. I think I'll move In Cold Blood to my regular read next to make sure I finish it before I attend one of the Omaha Reads events for it.

Making: My sister and I made a really cute (if I do say so myself - and I can because it was entirely my sister's idea) candy bouquet for my sister-in-law's birthday with 50 pieces of candy.Sadly, no picture.

Planning: On catching up this week. Being gone on a weekend always puts me behind.

Grateful for: Being close enough to my family to be able to share special events.

Loving: My new haircut - had five inches cut off the other day.

Thinking: There are some really ridiculous t.v. shows - and BG has watched all of them for at least 5 minutes.

Looking forward to: I'm trying not to look forward - I'm trying to enjoy each day as it arrives. It's easier to pretend that winter's not just a couple of months away that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment