Thursday, April 24, 2014

It's Dewey's Time!

It's time again for one of my very favorite things about blogging - Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon! I'm not even going to pretend that I'll be reading for all 24 of those hours. The forecast is for only one nice day this weekend which is, of course, readathon day. Things must be done on this one nice day, things that are not reading. I am so sad about this. My goal will be to get 12 hours of reading in which means that my "pile" of books is more than a little ambitious but a girl's gotta have options.

I'll be mixing up books on my Nook with real books and I've very carefully picked books that are short and should be fairly week reads. I'm about half done already with The Kings and Queens of Roam so I'll plan to finish that first. Also on my pile are Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles, Goodnight June by Sarah Jio, and Must Love Dogs: new leash on life by Claire Cook.

I suppose the family will expect meals but snacks are always a must for any readathon so there will definitely be coffee, popcorn and chocolate involved in my day...as they always are for readathons!



No comments:

Post a Comment