Saturday, April 19, 2014

Life: It Goes On - April 20

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it! We'll have a family brunch with the kids then dinner with my parents, my sister's family and her in-laws at her house. Sadly we've outgrown Easter egg hunts at our house but we're never giving up on Easter baskets!

Do you ever feel like you're spinning your wheels around the house? I spent my half day doing laundry and cleaning floors and yesterday it all had to be done again. No wonder we like to escape into books and forget about dirty bathrooms, dusting and ironing for a few hours!


Here's What I'm:

Listening To: I started Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad About My Neck on Friday. It's only three discs so I'll finish that this week. Ephron narrates which I'm loving. I'm so sad that she's gone - what a funny lady!

Watching: Yesterday I watched "Two Weeks Notice" with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant for the, maybe, hundredth time? Clearly I love this movie but part of the attraction is that it always reminds me of the times Mini-him and I used to have movie nights when The Big Guy was out of town and the other two kids had gone to bed. We had so much fun together and forged a bond I cherish.

Reading: I started Mona Simpson's Casebook yesterday for a TLC Book Tours Review this week.

Making: I made a batch of cinnamon roll monkey bread this week with homemade bread dough. For today I'm taking rolls and caramelized carrots - I definitely got the easy contributions to this meal! Friday BG made pizza with asparagus; surprisingly yummy!

Planning: On working on some landscaping projects around the yard, prepping the gardens, and, sadly, cutting down a small tree which didn't survive the brutal winter.

Grateful for: The ladies in my book club who are both friends and therapists!

Loving: The forecast for the coming week; we may finally be past the freezing cold temperatures which means that flower shopping may be in my near future.

Feeling: Sore. I can't believe how much ground I lost when I couldn't work out while I was sick.

Thinking: My friend, Cheryl, and I may be banned from going to the theater together. We are always certain to be the loudest laughers in the audience.

Looking forward to: Dinners on the patio this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment