Sunday, January 18, 2015

Life: It Goes On - January 18


Any one else starting to get so paranoid about the flu that's going around that you're becoming a hermit? Every little sniffle making you nervous? No? Just me? I'm so freaked out about it that when I was feeling a bit "off" the other night, I even missed a girls' night. So unlike me!

This Week I'm:

Listening To: Besides the podcasts that have been filling my drive time, I've been listening to a lot of music lately. No new musical discoveries though.

Watching: "Downtown Abbey" is back! We are actually talking about cutting back on our cable package so there will be fewer choices on tv for me. There is so often nothing on to watch even with all of the channels we have and it's much too expensive for that to happen. I think I have finally convinced The Big Guy that we could actually just turn the tv off more often. I'm going to get so much more reading done! Or we will become Netflix addicts.

Reading: I am stuck. I've been reading Tana French's The Secret Place for almost a week. And I'm not even half way finished with it. The worst part is that it is really quite good. But I just can't make myself sit down and read right now.

Making: Cream of corn soup, Chinese lemon chicken, taco pie, peanut butter popcorn, turkey and the fixings, and (with the leftover turkey) turkey and rice soup. Today I'm pulling the cookbooks out again to find some other new recipes to try.

Planning: On finishing up my decluttering of the kitchen this week. I got waylaid in that process this weekend when I did some work on the front hallway. You wouldn't think a closet and a dresser would take so long. I need to get a shelf up in the closet to get it finished but that's just a matter of finding what I need in the basement.

Grateful for: The gorgeous weather we've been having. We have the door open today! It's weather breaks like this that make it possible to survive winter.

Enjoying: Time with all three of my kids this weekend.

Feeling: Productive - the pile to "donate" grows every day. Now to get it out of my house.

Looking forward to: Book club this week. We'll be discussing Rainbow Rowell's Landline. I'm eager to hear what everyone thought of this one; I'm anticipating some mixed feelings but that makes for great discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment