Sunday, July 19, 2015

Life: It Goes On - July 19

Well, we had such a fun weekend - how about you?

The Big Guy, Mini-me and his girlfriend headed to Lincoln Friday night to hang out with BG's brother while Miss H and I had a girls night.

Saturday BG and I headed to visit my uncle and aunt for a long overdo visit to their lovely home. We had a tour of Cedar Rapids, a stop at the Czech-Slovak National museum (which was moved after the historic flooding of 2008 - the entire building was moved back from the river edge, turned and raised up 11 feet), a visit to a local pub, and an outdoor performance of Thornton Wilder's "Our Town." It was crazy hot but the great food, excellent company, a trailer full of furniture they were ready to part with, and a play performance that included frogs singing, bats flying overhead, and a deer running just off stage more than made it worth the trip.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: Tomorrow I'll finish Heidi Durrow's The Girl Who Fell From The Sky. Not my favorite narration but a really thoughtful story. Not sure what I'll start next. Perhaps some podcasts?

Watching: Two more episodes of Orange Is The New Black with Miss H on Friday night, Hollywood Game Night, and some baseball. We really haven't gotten into any of the summer shows.

Reading: Finishing Big Little Lies for book club then onto The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman.

Making: More caprese pasta, some salad - not much actually. It's been too hot to cook much.

Planning: On doing a lot of reading this week - the High Summer Read-a-Thon starts tomorrow!

Grateful for: The wonderful hospitality my aunt and uncle showed us. They have such a beautiful home - I'm hoping it convinced BG that color on the walls is a good thing.

Enjoying: Miss H is at a concert right now of a band I really like so she just called and let me listen to one of their songs. Fun to hear it but I most enjoyed that she thought to do it.

Feeling: Tired. Co-piloting while towing a trailer is hard work, ya know?

Looking forward to: Book club Tuesday night - cannot wait to discuss Big Little Lies, lots of things to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment