Tuesday, December 29, 2009

NovelTeas


"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

There is probably evidence all over Twitter, Goodreads, and the blogosphere that I love to drink a nice mug of hot tea, especially when I'm reading. So, even though I had resolved to only review books on this blog, I couldn't resist this product from Bag Ladies Tea when they approached me about reviewing their product.
The tea itself is a lovely English Breakfast tea, something that most tea drinkers will enjoy, and the product is very reasonably priced. But the best part of this product is the literary quote that comes on the tag of each tea bag. There are quotes from Alice Hoffman, Louisa May Alcott and C. S. Lewis. Usually I try to get two cups from a tea bag. But these are so fun, you want a new tea bag for every cup you drink. I only wish I would have found this product sooner--a pouch of this tea and a mug would have made wonderful gifts for book club friends! Next year!

Tricia McIntyre, of Bag Ladies Tea, wrote of her families deep affection for books when she sent this product which inspired this line of packaging. But the company also offers at least a dozen other types of packaging for the English Breakfast tea (including a set for teachers, one for mothers and one for birthdays) as well as other types of teas.

12 comments:

  1. I love this! I too am a big tea drinker and this is such a greta post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that?! It's too bad it doesn't come in the hot chocolate variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the concept! i'm so glad that you enjoyed them--tea and books do go together like milk and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good cappuccino (and I mean a GOOD one).
    But the main thing I drink is tea and usually English Breakfast by Twinings or Dilmah.
    But assuming I can ever find this brand here I'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that book totally was the worst book I've ever read. Normally I have something good to say about a book I did not even like, but not about that one. While I was reading it I felt like throwing it to the fireplace all the time. Reading it was such a torture. I would have stopped reading but I had to read it for school. ://

    This tea thing is nice. I really don't like tea that much myself but my mom drinks it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea for packaging tea! What a great way to enjoy your tea and have a little literary treat alongside. Thanks for introducing this tea! I'd never heard of it before. I used to drink tea all the time when I lived in England and I have to confess that I've traded tea in for coffee when I moved back home to the States. Ugh! Maybe getting some of this tea will get me to drinking tea again :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea...I love it! English tea is one of my favorites and along with a good book is the perfect match. I'm going to check out their site. Thanks for sharing!
    This would make a nice gift for book club friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and I'm glad they approached you with it! This would make great gifts! Thank you for sharing! A Blessed, healthy, prosperous & Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great product! I love tea (coffee too!) I really like that it comes with a literary quote on the package.
    Lisa, what's your favorite kind of tea?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! This looks like a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea! I love the quotes, but I'm really picky about the flavors of tea that I drink. My current favorite is an apple spice that tastes just like apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a set of this to review as well, but since I decided to give the smaller set to a friend and her b'day isn't for another week- I have to wait. The packaging is so nice I don't hardly want to break into it.

    ReplyDelete