Saturday, June 15, 2013

Life: It Goes On - June 16

It's College World Series time and Omaha has, once again, gone baseball crazy. Every year there's one team that really wins the heart of the fans here, but we're known for supporting all of the teams that make it to Omaha and making their fans feel welcome.


The Big Guy is spending most of the weekend in his hometown celebrating his 35th high school reunion. He grew up in a fairly small town and had a particularly close class and they get together every five years. Works out as a great Father's Day gift - we let him go off and do his thing all weekend with our blessing. The bonus for us? It's ever so quiet here!



Here's What I'm:

Listening To: I'm starting The Lady And The Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier this week for drive time. I think it's be a nice change of pace from what I've been listening to lately. Plus, when I'm done, that will be a book I can move off my bookshelf.

Watching: Miss H and I watched Pitch Perfect Friday and Silver Linings Playbook yesterday and enjoyed both of them. I'll definitely be picking up the book Silver Linings Playbook.


Reading: Oh so many things - my reading ADD has gotten a firm hold on me. I'm trying to sneak in a couple of books before I pick up my next book for review as well as continuing to read Under The Dome.  Right now I'm reading Lulu In Hollywood by Louise Brooks which my parents gave me for Christmas. Those of you who read The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty will recognize Brooks' name.

Making: More granola - we raced through a couple of batches in less than a week and a Key Lime cheesecake for the special dads in my life.

Planning: On finishing up a revamp of Miss H's room this week. She had some new things to hang on her wall. Of course, that meant that we had to rearrange, paint some frames, replace some furniture. You know, all of the things you have to do before you can hang a new picture. Well, in our world anyway.
Grateful: Mini-me was able to go back to his own place on Wednesday.

Loving: The rain. Friday evening we had torrential rains and Saturday morning we had a lovely relaxing rain. Either way, I love to watch it and listen.

Thinking: That puttering around the house, changing things up, putting a coat of paint on something, makes me ridiculously happy.

Looking forward to: Spending time with The Big Guy's siblings and cousins this weekend and a family reunion on my mom's side as well.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment