Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Life: It Goes On - June 5


Saturday I wasn't so sure life would go on. Following a relatively routine surgical procedure, the antibiotics Mini-me was taking prior to surgery turned on him, wracking havoc with his body, causing him to become life-threateningly dehydrated. He could not give his birth date; in the emergency room they were almost entirely unable to find a vein to put i.v.'s in.

All of the times I have said "this is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me put together do not come close to the terror I felt at the thought of losing one of my kids. Of all of the things I am, being a mom truly is the thing I am most proud of but how would I define myself without all of them? Four days later, Mini-me was finally released from the ICU. We still don't know when he will come home.

8 bags, 4 i.v. lines - scary stuff!
I will probably be away from the blog and commenting on other blogs for the rest of the week. Between work and hospital, I'm rarely at home. I'll use my Nook to keep up with blogs but I hate trying to leave comments on it.


Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Gods of Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson. Just getting started but I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy the narration.

Watching: That monitor on the left. I learned a lot about all of those numbers that show up and what they should be this weekend.

Reading: Under The Dome by Stephen King. Dang, King kicks the action off early and often in this one!

Making: Nothing. Thank heavens for my sister and a dear friend who have kept my family in meals the past few days.

Planning: Once again, we are living a fluid life with no plans.

Grateful for: Amazing technology and great medicines but mostly incredible, caring nurses.

Loving: Our wonderful support team of family and friends. It's times like these that remind me how very blessed we are.

Thinking: Life will go on but we will never again be the same after seeing how quickly everything can change.

Looking forward to: Bringing Mini-me home!

No comments:

Post a Comment