Saturday, June 29, 2013

Life: It Goes On - June 30


Can you believe half of the year has already gone by? Every time we come to a point like this, I swear to myself that I will be more productive with my time since it goes by so quickly. But then, a great book comes into my hands, a beautiful evening begs for me to spend it on the patio, or football season starts and that I'm off track again.

I had such fun yesterday going to watch my four-year-old great-niece play baseball. I'd forgotten how funny and adorable kids are playing sports at that age. Took her big sister to run errands afterward. That kid is always trying to work you to get something - reminds me of Mini-him at the same age.


Here's What I'm:

Listening To: I started listening to Henning Mankell's The Man From Beijing this week and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Watching: A couple of games of the College World Series and a lot of HGTV. You know, if you watch enough of that channel, you will convince yourself you can do almost any home remodeling job. I'm ready to do some tiling!

Reading: I've gotten a lot of reading done this week. I finished Together Tea by Marjan Kamali and The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chobski. I also finished listening to Tracy Chevalier's The Lady And The Unicorn. I'm going to spend the next few days trying to make a big dent in Under The Dome. I'm about a third of the way done right now.

Making: Not a darn thing; I've hardly spent any time in the kitchen at all this week.

Planning: On doing some babysitting this weekend. Our nephew is moving in a couple of weeks and I've volunteered to watch the kids one day. My next week "Thinking" will probably read something like "I'm too old to be chasing a nine-year-old, four-year-old, and one-year-old."

Grateful for: Motrin and ice packs right now. I took a tumble the other day, managing to injure my knee and shoulder. Luckily I've got a hard head and didn't do much damage to it!

Loving: Miss H's room now that I'm finally done tweaking and rearranging it. Now if only she'll keep it clean for a few days.

Thinking: She probably won't.

Looking forward to: A three-day work week and a long, lazy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment