Saturday, August 10, 2013

Life: It Goes On - August 11

Woohoo - this is my 1,000th post! When I started Lit and Life a little more than four years ago, I didn't necessarily consider that I wouldn't still be blogging in in 2013 but I certainly couldn't imagine reaching 1,000 posts. Since I've neglected to celebrate the last three anniversaries of the blog, it would seem I'm due for a celebration.

Here's what we'll do: leave me a comment naming one of the books I reviewed in 2009 and a way to contact you. The catch is that you can't give me a title that someone else has already used! Next Sunday I'll announce the winner of a $20 Barnes and Noble e-gift card. Thanks to everyone who has supported Lit and Life in the past four years!



Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Abbey Road thanks to Where'd You Go, Bernadette. Bernadette and her daughter had a great bonding moment with the Beatles.

Watching: Football. I'm a happy girl!

Reading: I'm finishing Where'd You Go, Bernadette today (I can't wait to discuss this with the Bookworms - they better have read it!). Up next, I think, is Carolyn Turgeon's The Fairest of Them All 


Making: BLT dip for food day at work and turkey meatballs to add some protein to our staple pasta and fresh-picked tomato summer main course. I've got a lot of parsley so I think it's time to bust out the homemade manicotti this week.

Planning: On painting my bedroom soon. The question remains "what color?" Color cards are all over my bedroom; this week I'll try to narrow it down and pick up some samples.

Grateful for: The cooler temperatures we've had of late. So uncharacteristic of Nebraska in August.

Loving: Some of the changes I've been making around the house. They're not all big but some have made a big impact.

Thinking: I need a week off of work with the house to myself. I could get so much done!

Looking forward to: More evenings on the patio this week and BLT's with fresh-picked tomatoes!

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment