Sunday, June 7, 2015

Life: It Goes On - June 7

I just realized that The Big Guy has a coupon on my desk for fireworks. It must really be summer at last. We have even, finally, turned on the air conditioner. Which doesn't mean it's stopped raining; it just means that now it's raining and it's hot and it's getting humid. What fun!

Miss H and I were shopping yesterday and I found some really cute Fourth of July serving pieces I was certain I needed. But I should probably have some plan to entertain on the Fourth before I buy them, right? I might just have to put those plans into action. Add one more thing to the calendar which is filling up despite the fact that we have no kid activities to tie up our summers any more. What is your summer calendar looking like?

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I finished up The Story of Beautiful Girl - still working out how I felt about this one in the end. Also caught up with a couple of episodes to Gretchen Rubin's podcast "Happier." I listened to a segment about Abundance Lovers versus Simplicity Lovers which really struck home.


Watching: I know the television's been on every night but I really can't think of a thing I've actually paid attention to, other than "Aquarius," starring David Duchovny. Really enjoying this one, although I'm a little confused by their time line.

Reading: Both Misery and Reading Lolita In Tehran for readalongs. I'll finish Misery soon, although I'm more than a little afraid to keep reading, having some idea what's coming up. Then I'll start Dolan Perkins-Valdez' (Wench) latest, Balm, for an upcoming TLC Book Tour.

Making: Once again, not much of anything that I can remember other than linguine with lobster and taco salad. I have just not had any interested in being in the kitchen of late. What have you been making? I need some inspiration!

Planning: Nothing big in the works. I need to get back to some of the smaller projects I have to do around the house but things keep coming up that knock those projects off the agenda. We'll see.

Grateful for: Miss H's advice (and her often strong "no") when I've been shopping lately. She's steered me away from boring and into getting some new things that really are making me happy.

Chubbie Carrier & The Bayou Swamp Band
Enjoying: The Omaha Summer Arts Festival. We took some friends down and met Mini-me and his girlfriend and roamed the booths, ate some overpriced but yummy festival food, and enjoyed the zydeco music of Chubby Carrier and The Bayou Swamp Band. Having a couple of artists along gives you a whole new perspective on the art. I even picked up a few Christmas presents!

Feeling: Tired. I forget how into a regular routine I am until a week goes by when I'm completely out of my routine. Definitely throws me off kilter.

Looking forward to: The College World Series - opening ceremonies start Friday and we'll be heading down with some friends again. Such a great atmosphere and I'm so proud of the great job Omaha does hosting this every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment