Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Month of Faves - Fave "New To Me" Authors

When I started thinking about this prompt, I wondered exactly how many books I'd read by new-to-me authors this year that I'd enjoyed. I knew I had read a lot of second books by authors that I enjoyed and a fair amount of new-to-me authors that underwhelmed me. As it turns out, though, there were quite a few that did impress. Let's just say that you'll likely be seeing some of these on another list later this month. In no particular order, here are seven authors that impressed me enough to make other books they write automatic reads.


1. Rebecca Rotert - Last Night At The Blue Angel

2. Jenny Lawson - Let's Pretend This Never Happened 

3. Marlon James - The Book of Night Women

4. Homer Hickam - Carrying Albert Home 

5. Anthony Doerr - All The Light We Cannot See

6. Jennifer Egan - A Visit From The Goon Squad

7. Emma Donoghue - Room

What new-to-you authors impressed you this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment