Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Life: It Goes On


Oh holy night, how did it get to be Tuesday already?!

This Week I'm:


Listening To: I'll finish Cry, The Beloved Country this week and be sad when it's done. For a book that was written almost 70 years ago, it's remarkably pertinent to today and so beautifully written. I think I may spend the rest of the year catching up on podcasts instead of starting another book. So many to catch up on.

Watching: All caught up on "Fargo." Anyone else watching it? Any guess as to how many people might still be alive by the end of the season? Trying to get caught up with "Manhattan" as well. Do you watch "The Voice?" I feel like we just watched the winning performance last night. Wow! Jordan Smith done Freddie Mercury proud!



Reading: Ugh. I just cannot get through the books I've been reading. So, still the same. Although I did add Tana French's Faithful Place on my nightstand.

Making: Waffles, fried chicken - not much. We ate out a ridiculous amount last week!

Planning: On getting Christmas cards sent this week and helping Miss H get her handmade gifts finished. This will involve making our own stencils. Pray for me.

Grateful for: Facebook. As much as it can drive me crazy, it came in quite handy this week when I needed to get some birth dates, pics of family that are current, and maiden names for a project. Thanks for putting your whole lives out there, family!

Enjoying: Lots of time with dear friends. I even got to hold a grandbaby. I really need one of those!

Feeling: A bit overwhelmed, to be honest. As usual this time of year. Deep breathe and remind myself that what needs to get done will get done.

Looking forward to: Book club next week to discuss Everything I Never Told You. And having the week of Christmas off. I planned to use it to finish things up but if I work this right, things will be done and I can use that week to do some major organizing. You know you're kind of an oddball when that's something of a gift to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment