Thursday, February 11, 2016

Love Is In The Air

It's that time of year again...Valentine's Day is just around the corner and a post about books about love is in order. The thing is...I don't read that many books that are, strictly speaking, love stories.

I used to, as most young women do - The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough, Love Story by Erich Segal. Most of my favorite classics are love stories - all of Jane Austen's books, Jane Eyre, Romeo and Juliet, Age of Innocence.


As an adult, if I'm picking up a book that's, at its heart, a love story, I tend to gravitate toward something that has a unique story. That's what drew me to the modern books above. An affair set during World War Two and a love story set during the Vietnam war, people of two cultures coming together - both young and old, dual love stories - both doomed, a man with autism, a quadriplegic, a fantastical love story, and a hidden love between two women. Some of them made me cry, some of them made me laugh, all of them touched my heart.

What are you favorite love stories? Are they traditional? Quirky? Straight up romance?

No comments:

Post a Comment